08 April 2020
Coronaviruses are a group of related viruses that cause diseases in birds and mammals. In humans, coronaviruses cause respiratory infections, mild illness, common cold, etc. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) was discovered in December 2019, and has not been previously identified in humans.
The coronavirus spreads via droplets like when a person coughs or sneezes. The viruses are spread whenever someone comes in contact with an infected person by hand shaking and touching their nose, eyes and mouth.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) are fever, fatigue, tiredness, common cold and dry cough. People may be sick with the virus for 1 to 14 days before developing symptoms.
The precautions and preventions are more important to stop the spread of coronavirus. Here are the steps to prevent the spread of coronavirus are:
1. Wash our hands frequently.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
3. Cover your cough using the bend of your elbow or a tissue.
4. Avoid crowded and public places and close contact with anyone that has cough or fever.
5. Stay at home if you feel unwell.
6. Use alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 60% of alcohol.
7. Wear mask and get information from trusted sources.
Take precautions and help the world from spreading coronavirus pandemic. Wash your hand frequently and avoid hand shaking with anyone. Maintain social distancing and avoid going in public places and stay home. Coronavirus can affect everyone by breaking economical conditions of all countries and on everyone’s health.
For more and latest information visit WHO official website: WHO-Health-Topics-Coronavirus